Pre-registration is now closed.
On-site registration will be available at Petteruti Lounge, Stephen Robert '62 Center, 75 Waterman Street from Noon-7pm on Friday, October 19, and 8am-Noon on Saturday, October 20.
Is registration required for Family Weekend?
No, registration is not required for Family Weekend. We encourage families to come and visit their student(s) and to enjoy Providence and the Brown campus. There are a number of events that are open to anyone to attend and/or buy individual tickets for when you arrive on campus. However, several of the main events for the weekend are only open to families and guests who have registered for Family Weekend. The Medical School also runs a series of events that require registration in order to attend.
What is the cost of Family Weekend Registration?
There is no charge for Brown students and children under 12 to attend Family Weekend or Medical School events. Family Weekend registration is $35 per person and Medical School Family Weekend registration is $10 per person. There is no charge for the Ceremony of Commitment to Medicine, but guests are asked to RSVP via the registration site.
What is included in Family Weekend registration?
Families who purchase the registration package for Family Weekend will receive the following:
- A gift at registration for each family
- Admission to the Faculty Advising Fellows Welcome Reception
- Admission to the Saturday Morning Continental Breakfast
- Admission to Faculty Forums
- Admission to the Family Weekend Keynote Address
- A ticket to the football game for each individual (tickets can also be purchased at the door, separate from the Family Weekend registration package)
What is included in the Medical School Family Weekend Package?
Families who purchase the Medical School package for Family Weekend will receive the following:
- Admission to all Medical School Family Weekend activities and programs, offering a peek into life at Alpert Medical School.
- Guided tours of the new Alpert Medical School building at 222 Richmond Street.
- Hands on clinical skills demonstrations, the opportunity to walk in a medical student’s shoes (or more aptly, white coat).
Do I need to register for the Ceremony of Commitment to Medicine?
While there is no cost to attend the Ceremony of Commitment to Medicine, we ask that family members of current Medical Students RSVP through the registration site to assist us in planning ahead for the reception. Online registration opens Thursday, September 6, 2012.
How much time to I have to register?
Pre-registration is now closed. We will be accepting on-site registrations should you decide at the last minute that you would like to join us.