Available for use by BROWN Student Groups and Departments ONLY. Please Stop by our Main Office to Reserve a Table.
Violation of the rules herein or of any university regulations will affect future reservation privileges.
Outside organizations or vendors request tables through a different process which Brown Student Agencies manages for us. Vendors may contact them at BSA@brown.edu
- Recognized student groups and departments may request either a table to distribute literature, advertise upcoming events, and for non-contracted fundraising (bake sales, ticket sales, etc.)
- Five Tables are available in JWW. Four Tables are available for the Main Green (weather permitting). For the Main Green, please go to the SAO Main Office to check-out a portable table.
- Table must be staffed at all times by full-time Brown students, faculty, or staff from the group.
- The table and the immediate area around the table must be cleaned of all trash and advertising materials daily before leaving
- Student groups and departments may reserve up to 5 days per month; however, the SAO reserves the right to limit groups to 3 days depending on the volume of requests. Groups that use all 5 days may contact us on any given morning to ask for vacant tables for that day.
- In order to give all student groups an equal opportunity to reach incoming first-year students and to enable first-year students to focus on mandatory Orientation activities, student groups will not be able to register or sponsor events or activities until after the Orientation Activities Fair, this includes requesting promotional tables in the PO or on the Main Green.
- Student Groups may not reserve tables during reading or exam periods.
- Tables may be used between 9:00am and 4:00pm only, unless special permission is granted.
- For groups with accounts in the SAO, all monies must be brought to the SAO by 3:30 PM for deposit.
- Group activities around the table must be conducted in such a manner that traffic is not impeded. All business must be transacted at the table. No solicitation is permitted away from the table. Sound level (music and conversation, etc.) must not exceed a conversation tone level.
- No postering on walls, doors, windows or on glass surfaces of display cases.
- Electric power cords must be taped down securely. Cords are not permitted in thoroughfares.
- When dispensing of food, you must comply with public laws: Chapter 88-540 & Chapter 88-541
RESERVATIONS ARE NOT FINALIZED UNTIL CONFIRMED; SAO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROVIDE NOTICE OF RESERVATION CHANGE AT ANY TIME.