Active Greek Letter Organizations

The following Greek Letter Organizations are recognized as active chapters on campus. Please see the Multicultural and Residential Greek pages respectively for explanations regarding group status.

Non-Residential and Multi-campus Organizations

The following sororities and fraternity are affiliated with the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) and with the Brown's Pan-Hellenic Council.

Organization

Charter Date

Status

Alpha Phi Alpha, Inc.,
Alpha Gamma Chapter

February 2, 1921

Transitional

Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Lambda Iota Chapter

March 30, 1974

Transitional

Kappa Alpha Psi, Inc.

March 12, 1983

Transitional

Residential Groups

National Sororities

The following residential sororities are affiliated with the National Pan-Hellenic Conference (NPC), Brown Greek Council and Brown's PanHellenic Council:

Organization

Charter Date

Status

Alpha Chi Omega,
Zeta Theta Chapter

1879

Type B

Kappa Alpha Theta, 
Alpha Epsilon Chapter

1897

Type B

Kappa Delta,
Theta Gamma Chapter

2013

Type A

National Fraternities

The following fraternities are affiliated with the North American Interfraternity Conference (NIC) and with Brown Greek Council unless noted otherwise:

Organization

Charter Date and Info

Status

Alpha Delta Phi

chartered in 1836 and became a co-ed Literary society in 1974

Type B

Alpha Epsilon Pi,
Beta Rho Chapter

March 9, 1997

Type B

Delta Phi,
Beta Chapter

1838

Type B

Delta Psi
(St. Anthony’s Hall)

Re-chartered in 1983 as a co-ed literary society *The organization is affiliated with Program House Council.

Type B

Phi Kappa Psi,
Kappa Chapter

February 28, 1902

Type B

Sigma Chi

1914

Type B

Theta Delta Chi

1853

Type B

Local Fraternities

The following fraternities are affiliated with Brown Greek Council:

Organization

Charter Date

Status

Delta Tau

Originally chartered as Delta Tau Delta, Beta Chapter in 1896. They de-affiliated in 1969 with the national organization and re-affiliated for a brief time in 1985.

Type B

Zeta Delta Xi

Originally chartered in 1852 as Zeta Psi, Epsilon Chapter. The chapter de-affiliated from the national organization on December 10, 1986 to become a co-ed fraternity

Type B