Recruitment for Fall 2014 has ended. Recruitment for Fall 2015 will begin in October. EMS does not accept new personnel in the spring.
Recruitment cycle: August 2014
All Recruits must be current Brown students at the time of acceptance.
Recruit prerequisites, due by June 1, 2014:
- Proof of enrollment in an EMT training program or proof of National Registry certification/EMT licensing in a US state.
Recruit prerequisites, due by August 1, 2014:
- Copy of valid Healthcare Provider CPR card
- Completion certificate for IS 100
- Completion certificate for IS 200
- Completion certificate for IS 700
- Completion certificate for AWR 160
- Completion email for Brown EAP Training
Additional requirements due at EMS Orientation:
- Completion of annual OSHA required trainings, including Bloodborne Pathogen Training, Hazard Communication Training, and Respiratory Protection Training and Fit Testing
- Documentation of required immunizations for healthcare workers
- Documentation of confidentiality and electronic security training
2014 EMS Orientation is August 31-September 2.
All EMS personnel must attend EMS Orientation at the start of the fall semester, meet minimal semester training requirements, volunteer 24 hours per month on assigned duty shifts, and be issued an active RI EMT license number during the fall semester.
Information about EMT Training at Brown will be posted in late fall. We run a summer course that can accomodate 25 Brown students. The course begins right after Commencement and ends in mid-August.