Executive Chef Dave Chabot instructs on the art of a creating your own culinary delight each month.
Bailey's Irish Cream Sauce
1 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Milk
2 Tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 tablespoons Sugar
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
3 Egg Yolks, beaten
- In a bowl, combine the Sugar and the Cornstarch until there are no lumps.
- Add the Egg Yolks, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- In a medium size pot, heat the Heavy Cream, Bailey's Irish Cream, Milk, and Vanilla until it just begins to boil. DO NOT BOIL!
- Temper this mixture into the Egg Yolk mixture.
- Return mixture to heat and continue to heat until it reaches 170 degrees.
- When sauce has thickened, remove from heat and chill.