Brown in Boston Internship Program
How to Post an Internship
Alumni and organizations partnering with Brown in this effort have a unique opportunity to help shape the education of participating Brown students and impact their future career decisions. In addition, the program provides partnering organizations with a dynamic, diverse and driven student applicant pool.
- Positions will be available to undergraduate students, though employers will determine specific position requirements
- All internships will be posted/applied to through the Brown Student Job & Internship Board
- Candidate selection and hiring will be done by the organization
- Eight weeks is the suggested duration of the internship (June – July)
- In an effort to be competitive and based on cost of living expenses, suggested minimum pay is $3500 for 8 week positions (35-40 hours per week)
- Go to https://brown-csm.symplicity.com/employers and create an employer profile.
- Within 24 hours you'll receive an e-mail from Karen Clancy, Employer Relations Manager, with instructions for posting the internship description.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Include “Brown in Boston” at the beginning of your position title. For example: Brown in Boston: Marketing Intern. This allows students to search for and identify Brown in Boston internships.
Brown in Boston Buddy Program
The Brown Buddy Program is a unique opportunity for undergraduate students to build strong relationships with alumni over the summer. The program pairs students with alumni buddies. Alumni buddies serve as contacts for students outside of their internship organization who can help with networking, business etiquette skills, exploring work life, successfully transitioning to life after graduation and a resource for navigating the Boston area. Buddy pairs are expectede to meet in person at least twice during the summer at informal one-on-one meet-ups (e.g. grabbing coffee) and at formal program events planned by CareerLAB, Alumni Relations, or the Brown Club of Boston.
Buddy pairs will be determined by the number of students accepted into the program. Therefore, all volunteers may not be accommodated.
Interested in signing up? 2014 applications are due: TBD
Brown in Boston events provide a way for students and alumni to meet-up, network and share their summer. 2013 schedule TBD.
Managed Services Intern - Dakotah Rice '16
Sales Operations Intern - Bosheng Song '15
Altman Vilandrie & Company
Summer Analyst Intern - Sam Margo '14
Daniel Newmark '14
Jeffrey Chen '14
Communications Media Advisors
Management Consulting Intern - Anatol Gudenus '14
Varun Kuchibhatla '14
Bracebridge Capital, Inc.
Operations Intern - Connie Emerson '14
John Thickstun '14
Zachary Long '13
Underwriting Intern - Lisa Cheung '13
Summer Analyst Intern - Christine Edmonds '13
Platform Services Intern - Faiyad Ahmad '14
Product Usability Intern - Joel Kang '13
Oliver Hudson "14
Emily Chu '14
Process Chemistry Intern - Jonathan Truong '12
Bracebridge Capital, Inc.
Operations - Ben Aronow '13
Finance/G&A - Lan Mei '14
Client Services - Matt Smith '12
Sales Analyst - Samantha Wong '12
Product Usability, Quality and Competitive Analysis - Helen Hua ' 12
Marketing & Social Media Integration - Kevin Gavey '13
Marketing & Social Media Integraion - Nick Tsapakos ' 13
Franchise Marketing - Madeline Sall '13
For All Inquiries, Contact:
Center for Careers and Life After Brown
firstname.lastname@example.org or (401) 863-9820