Mathematics - Computer Science
Students may opt to pursue an interdisciplinary Bachelor of Science degree in Math-Computer Science, a concentration administered cooperatively between the mathematics and computer science departments. Course requirements include math- and systems-oriented computer science courses, as well as computational courses in applied math. Students must identify a series of electives that cohere around a common theme. As with other concentrations offered by the Computer Science department, students have the option to pursue the professional track of the ScB program in Mathematics-Computer Science.
Here's what concentrators from the class of 2012 reported they were doing in their first year after graduation.
- Analyst, Goldman Sachs
- Software Development Engineer, Microsoft Corporation
- Software Engineer, Dropbox
- Software Engineer, Google, Inc.
- Software Engineer, TripAdvisor
- Software Engineer, Vistaprint
- Brown University, Computer Science
- Columbia University, MS, Computer Science - Machine Learning
- University of Kansas, MA, Classics