Mathematics - Computer Science
Students may opt to pursue an interdisciplinary Bachelor of Science degree in Math-Computer Science, a concentration administered cooperatively between the mathematics and computer science departments. Course requirements include math- and systems-oriented computer science courses, as well as computational courses in applied math. Students must identify a series of electives that cohere around a common theme. As with other concentrations offered by the Computer Science department, students have the option to pursue the professional track of the ScB program in Mathematics-Computer Science.
Here's what concentrators from the classes of 2012 and 2013 reported they were doing in their first year after graduation.
Here's what concentrators from the classes of 2012, and 2013, reported they were doing in their first year after graduation.
- Co-founder and CTO, Crowdsurf.io
- Scientific Programmer, D. E. Shaw Research
- Security Consultant, Matasano Security
- Software Engineer, Facebook
- Software Engineer, Google
- Software Engineer, Pinterest
- Software Engineer, Turn Inc.
- Analyst, Goldman Sachs
- Software Development Engineer, Microsoft Corporation
- Software Engineer, Dropbox
- Software Engineer, Google, Inc.
- Software Engineer, TripAdvisor
- Software Engineer, Vistaprint
- Brown University, Computer Science
- Columbia University, MS, Computer Science - Machine Learning
- University of Kansas, MA, Classics