The TWC Strategic Planning Committee is charged with:
- developing a vision and mission statement for the Center that places the agency and empowerment of students of color as the primary emphasis of its work;
- devising a five-year strategic plan focused on critical reflection and informed action, leadership development, and social justice education for students of color and their allies;
- recommending a new name for the Center to President Paxson that reflects the spirit and legacy of student activism among communities of color.
This committee is comprised of students, staff, faculty, and alumni. In the process of their deliberations, the committee engaged in conversations and open space dialogues with over 300 of the Center’s supporters and stakeholders. Primary themes from these dialogues are included below.
Strategic Planning Committee
Primary objectives: Submit report and recommendations to the President, Dean of the College, and Vice President for Campus Life & Student Services regarding long-term plans and the Center’s name.
Co-Chairs: Andrew Campbell, Associate Professor of Medical Science, and Margaret Klawunn, Vice President for Campus Life and Student Services
- Mary Grace Almandrez, Director of the TWC and Assistant Dean of the College
- Liza Cariaga-Lo, Associate Provost for Academic Development and Diversity
- Chris Dennis, Deputy Dean of the College
- Hisa Hashisaka ’14, Student
- Afia Kwakwa ’14, Student
- Jacinta Lomba ’17, Student
- Ken McDaniel ’69, P’13, Alumni Representative
- MaryLou McMillan ’85, Sr. Director for Planning and Student Engagement
- Rolland Murray, Professor
- Angie Ocampo ’15, Student
- Floripa Olguin ’16, Student
- Hector Peralta ’16, Student