For Admitted Students: Special Student Program
We’re delighted you are participating in the Special Student Program!
Please complete these steps to finalize your course registration.
1. Attend a Special Student Advising Session
Students who have been admitted as Special Students for the Fall or Spring semesters are required to attend a brief advising session with Continuing Education prior to the start of classes. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the proposed program of study and to finalize registration paperwork. Students also should consult with the appropriate faculty
Advising sessions for the Spring 2014 term will be held on a drop-in basis on Monday, January 20, 2014 from 8:30am - 5:00pm at Brown University Continuing Education, 200 Dyer Street, Providence, RI 02906. If you cannot attend a session during this time, please contact Laura Duphily at laura_duphily @brown.edu to arrange an appointment.
EEP students will receive registration paperwork and instructions by campus mail at their campus mailing address and are not required to attend an advising session.
2. Complete Registration Paperwork
Click your Special Student type to view instructions on completing your course registration.
- Pre-baccalaureate students taking courses for credit, Postdoctoral Fellows, and Advanced Secondary School students
- Pre-baccalaureate students auditing courses
- Employee Education Program students
- AICU Language Consortium students
3. Activate Your Brown Credentials
Once you have completed your course registration and have obtained a Brown ID number, you should activate your Brown credentials (i.e. username and password) so that you can access Brown e-services, including email, digital reserves at the library, a course website, etc. To do this:
- Visit http://activate.brown.edu.
- Follow the instructions to activate your credentials. Note: you will need to enter the 9-digit ID number on your ID card.
- If you have trouble, email the Brown Help Desk at email@example.com.
Please note that EEP students do not need to complete this step as your employee credentials will remain active; any student access you need will be automatically attached to your account as part of registration processing.
4. Review These Policies of Note
- Study at Brown University is governed by the academic and social policies stipulated in the University’s Academic Code and Non-Academic Conduct policy.
- Special Students do not have access to meal contracts, Health Services, or other services provided specifically for undergraduate students (tutoring, academic resource office, the Writing Center, etc.).
- Housing is not available during the Fall and Spring semesters, but is available on a first-come, first-served basis during the Summer term.
5. Please Let Us Know How You Are Doing
Please drop us a quick email once you’ve gotten started with your course(s) to let us know how things are going, and feel free any time to get in touch with any questions you may have.