BELL: New Orleans & Louisiana Gulf Coast | How to Apply
Ecology, Culture, and Sustainable Development for High School Students
March 22 - 29, 2013
For students currently in grades 10, 11 & 12
Application Deadline EXTENDED:
Sunday, February 10, 2013
11:59 PM EST
A complete application consists of 5 items:
- A completed On-Line Application.
To begin your application, create a connect.brown.edu account by following the link above, click the "My Application" tab, and select the "CE Env. Leader Hawaii & Gulf" application type.
Parents and Students: Please be sure to create only one account per applicant.
- An essay describing what you hope to gain from participating in this program. (Submit this essay as part of your online application)
- A Teacher's Recommendation
- An Official School Transcript. Applicants should request an official transcript containing your current grades/marks, as well as all grades since 9th grade including Fall 2012. Please ensure an explanation of the scoring system is included in English (for example, 6 = excellent or A = excellent). Transcripts may be faxed to our office at 401-863-3916 or emailed as an attachment to email@example.com.
- A $45 non-refundable Application Fee
Limited Dean's Scholarships are available for this program. Scholarship applications must be received by January 28, 2013.
Dean's Scholarship Application »
Wednesday, 2/13/2013 – NOTE: Due to the recent winter storm, admissions decisions to both BELL: New Orleans and BELL: Hawai'i programs will be delayed by 1 day. All applicants will now be notified of their admissions status on Wednesday, February 13, 2013.
Monday, 2/18/2013 – Student confirmation deadline (Brown must receive $300 program deposit to confirm attendance)
After 2/21/2013 – Remaining program seats (if any) will be filled from our waitlist
Please complete the application online and send the remaining materials to us at:
BELL: New Orleans & Louisiana Gulf Coast
Brown University Continuing Education
Providence, RI 02912