So You Want to Be a Doctor?
One Section Available to Choose From:
|Course Dates||Weeks||Meeting Times||Status||Instructor(s)||CRN|
|July 16, 2014 - August 19, 2014||5||Online||Open||Stephen Smith, M.D.||10613|
Is a career in medicine right for you? This course is designed to help you answer that question. Experience the study of medicine in a whole new way and get a taste of what medical school and practicing medicine in a variety of different medical specialties would be like. Participants in this class will:
* Study gross anatomy, histology, physiology, and microbiology in virtual labs
* Assess and care for the medical needs of your own virtual patients
* Visit a human anatomy lab for an up-close view of the brain, lungs, liver, and other anatomical structures, and see how disease impacts these organs
* Gain insight into medical specialties from top doctors in a range of fields, and discover the many options for practice across the field of medicine
* Explore topics such as the biology of disease to medical ethics
* Participate in a medical shadowing experience at a site of your choice, spending time with a doctor in a hospital, clinic, or office setting
* Understand strategies for a successful medical school application
* Learn the steps necessary to earn your medical degree and medical license
* Sharpen the study skills you need to succeed in medical school.
Learn more about your instructor for this course.
Coursework requirements: This course requires approximately 10 hours of coursework per week.
Recommended prerequisite: One year of high school Biology
You will need the following to participate in this online course:
• Computer with internet access and browser
• Headphones or speakers
• Adobe Flash Player
Course Fee: $2475; additional materials: $50
Apply Now >>
Related courses: So You Think You Want to Be a Doctor: An Introduction to Medicine (on campus course)