Sports CampsMascot: Brown Bear

Summer Sports Camps Policies

Athletic Camps on the Brown Bears Campus

Payment Information

Brown University Summer Sports Camps

All sports camp fees must be paid three weeks prior to the start of camp. Walk-ins may be accepted pending availability in the camp. 

Accepted Payment Methods

ACH (electronic check): This method will be accepted for camp fee payments. ACH payments can only be processed by using a US personal checking or savings account. Corporate accounts are not allowed.

Credit Cards (MC/Visa/AMEX/Discover) are accepted for camp fee payments.

Returned Payments

ACH Payment Returns: ACH payment clearing failures due to insufficient funds, incorrect account information, etc. will result in the reversal of the payment and a $20 returned payment charge.

Refund Policy

Refunds are only permitted up to 30 days before the start of camp. For commuters and day camps a refund may be granted, less a $100 administrative fee.  For residential camps a refund may be granted, less a $250 administrative fee. 

After the 30-day window, only requests supported with proper medical documentation demonstrating illness or injury that prevents the camper from participating in camp will receive a refund minus the administrative fees. 

All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing via email at and must be received no later than seven (7) days after the completion of the sports camp.

Camp Transfers

Campers may transfer to a different sports camp within the same sport, coaching staff and year without penalty provided there is available space. All requests for transfers must be submitted in writing via email at The difference in fee must be paid by the camper,or if of less value, will be refunded.

Residential / Commuter Camper Changes

Campers that elect to change from residential to commuter status later than 7 days prior to the start of camp are not eligible to receive a refund on the price difference. All requests for changes must be submitted in writing via email at  

Health Insurance

All campers are required to show proof of health insurance with a US carrier. Please include a copy of both sides of the camper's insurance card along with the Medical Authorization Form. If you cannot provide proof of insurance you must purchase a limited insurance policy for the duration of the camp, you may do so for $15.

Lock-Outs, Lost Keys and Lost I.D. Cards

Campers are responsible for their room key and I.D. card at all times. Students who lock themselves out of their rooms or who lose keys and access cards pay the following charges:

Note: Campers who do not return their room key when they check-out of their room will be charged $75 for a lock change.