Brown and Information Security
Brown University is committed to providing a safe and secure computing environment. To that end, the Information Security Group (ISG) was formed in 2008 to assure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of its information and information systems. ISG partners with the Brown community to provide: proactive security expertise with a focus on risk, privacy, compliance, and data stewardship; a culture of security awareness; and agile and responsive customer service.
ISG's primary areas of responsibility are:
- Information Security Policies and Procedures
- Information Security Project Guidance
- Information Security Education
- Incident Response and Management
ISG is the central contact for all security-related issues at Brown University and the prime contact for security breaches, which include but are not limited to:
- Compromises of Brown's computing systems or its network
- Security attacks that compromise a personal computer
- Computing activities that do not comply with established policies, including copyright infringement, harassment of others via email, breaching another's privacy, or capturing other users' passwords, as specified in Brown's Acceptable Use Policy
Please use the "Report an Incident" button in the left-hand navigation to notify ISG of any possible security breaches.