Records Management at Brown
Brown has implemented a records management program to provide systematic retention of its important documents. This program addresses both the maintenance of non-current records for specific periods of time to meet Brown's legal and fiduciary responsibilities, as well as permanent retention of those documents of historical importance to the institution.
Brown's records management program provides several benefits:
- Reduction of duplicated efforts from one administrative unit of the organization to another
- Systematic segregation of records having significant legal or operational value from those having permanent value to the institution
- Alleviation of storage space problems throughout the organization
- Monetary savings to the institution
The following documents lay out the policy and supporting guidelines for records management at Brown.
- Institutional Records Policy
- Guidelines for Managing Institutional Records
- Guidelines for Managing Electronic Records
- Institutional Records Glossary