Teaching with Technology Awards - Overview
View Our Past Award Winners
Each year the Instructional Technology Group presents the Teaching with Technology Award to instructors whose courses have been nominated by students, faculty and staff for the most effective use of technology in advancing teaching and learning goals. The award is co-sponsored by CIS and the Dean of the College.
The awards are judged according to two categories:
This category awards instructors who have carefully designed their courses to teach effectively. Pedagogy and online course design were considered when introducing technology into the classroom. The course was carefully crafted to integrate technology to engage students and enhance student learning on multiple levels.
The TWTA Review committee recognizes the work of instructors who consistently use technology effectively and continue to adapt innovative methods of teaching in an ever changing learning environment.
Other questions and areas for considerations:
- In what ways did the instructor foster student collaboration in the course or facilitate discussion?
- Did the instructor engage learners through the effective use of multimedia?
- Did learners participate in creating multimedia projects?
- What sort of materials were available (syllabus, lecture notes, links to external resources)?
- Did the instructor make use of the Library's electronic resources?
- Did the course have video, audio or other unique features?
- Was the course well organized and visually appealing?
- Did the course have online assessments or assignments?
- In what ways did the students engage technology to demonstrate their own learning?
- In what ways would the course have been different without technology?
Review of nominations
We request the participation of students, staff and faculty from across all areas of the university. In the past our review panel has included:
- Brown Undergraduate Students
- Dean of the College
- Faculty - past award winner
- Language Resource Center
- Sheridan Center
- University Library
Winners receive an award at the annual University Award Ceremony to recognize their efforts and give them a chance to discuss their work with the ceremony attendees.
View our past Award Winners