Audio, Video and Web Conferencing
Audio Conferencing Options
There are 3 Options for conference calling at Brown University
- Desk phone - Multiparty call: Each desk telephone already has the ability to conference up to 10 users. Dial-out only. Host must initiate all calls; if calls are long distance, normal charges apply. There is no cost (except long distance charges). There is no need to request this service, simply follow the instructions and use your desk phone.
- Shared Campus Bridge: The bridge line provides "Meet Me" for up to 20 attendees for 'dial in only' access. On campus callers, dial 3-XXXX. Off Campus Callers dial 401-863-XXXX or designated toll-free number. Note: 1st caller will hear ringing until second caller dials into the bridge. Please relinquish bridge if your call runs over into another reservation. There is no cost for the use of the shared campus bridge. To request the use of the bridge line, create a google calendar invitation and invite the room, "Conference Bridge" to your meeting.
- Hosted Conference Account: A hosted conferencing account can be assigned as your departments' request.
Hosted accounts are used for individuals who have frequent conference call needs and/or needs special conferencing features or guaranteed privacy.
- 30 parties (standard); more upon request
- Toll and toll-free access (dial in or dial out)
- Pass-through of vendor billed charges
- Instant Meeting - Per participant
- International access is available -- Note: International dial-in must be pre-arranged
- Use a Real-time web based call monitoring tool
IP based Video Conferencing is available in the CIT.
Web Conferencing allows for any combination of conferencing calling (with optional web-cam video usage) and screen sharing.