New Requirements for Access to E-reserves on OCRA
Due to a change in the Library’s OCRA (Online Course Reserves) system on September 10th, the way instructors and their delegates manage reserves has changed. After logging in with their own Brown username:
- Instructors will see a link to "Manage My Reserves" at which they can add delegates.
- Delegates will see a link or multiple links to "Manage Reserves for [instructor's name]".
Requirements for Accessing OCRA Online Movies
In order to access OCRA Online Movies, your computer must meet the following requirements. This applies whether you are accessing your OCRA course reserves through Canvas or through the Library Reserves site.
- Network Connection: Online Movies are available only on the campus network, either over Brown-Secure, Ethernet, or from a computing lab. To watch movies from off campus, you will need to connect using VPN.
- Java: Make sure your Java is up to date. You can run the test by visiting: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp.
- On a Mac: Use Firefox or Safari - your movies will not play in Chrome.
- On a PC: Use Windows 7 or earlier with Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Firefox. Windows 8 does not work with this service, so if you have Windows 8 you will need to view the movie in a computing lab.
For issues viewing Online Movies, contact the IT Service Center.