- Adobe Acrobat Professional is NOT part of this installer. It is a separate download.
- It is strongly recommended that you uninstall any earlier versions of Adobe Creative Suites prior to installing Adobe CS5.5 Design Premium.
- Due to the size of the CS5.5 installer, this software should be downloaded and installed on campus with a wired connection.
Only install Adobe updates from this web page as they become available.
- WARNING: If you own your own copy of Creative Suite 5.5, DO NOT apply these updaters; obtain them directly from Adobe. These are designed specifically for the version of Creative Suite available from this page. They will turn your copy into a "keyed" version.
- Unzip the file into a location on your computer, (right-click, and Extract All).
- Go to this folder and double-click on "AdobePatchInstaller.exe" and follow the prompts.
Guidelines for Purchasing Academic versions of Adobe Creative Cloud Software
Creative Cloud for education may be purchased using one of the options below:
- Small workgroups and departments may purchase a named user license (currently at $34.99/month) that includes 100GB of storage. If the entire Creative Suite is not needed, a single application may be purchased. Call 800-443-8158 for single-app options.
- Adobe Creative Cloud for classrooms and labs may be purchased per device (currently at $299.88/year), and is billed annually. Software can be purchased for a minimum of 5 devices.) If the entire suite is not needed, a single application can be purchased. Call Amanda Holm at 800-443-8158 for Creative Cloud options for classrooms and labs.
Get additional information about Adobe Creative Cloud for education here: https://creative.adobe.com/plans
Students and teachers may buy a personal copy of Photoshop (currently at $9.99/month for an annual plan or $119.88 pre-paid) if affiliated with Brown University. The complete Creative Cloud suite of software is also available to students and teachers. Order your personal copies here: https://creative.adobe.com/plans
Due to Adobe licensing constraints, personal copies of Adobe software may not be used in the execution of University business and cannot be installed on Brown University owned computers.