Join or renew your membership with the Pembroke Center Associates - or make a gift to the Pembroke Center. The donation form is secured on Brown University's server.
The Pembroke Center Associates are alumnae/i, parents, students, and friends who support the Pembroke Center for Teaching and Research on Women. The Associates provide resources for the Pembroke Center's cutting edge research and offer programs that provide alumnae/i with unique opportunities to stay intellectually engaged with Brown University.
Your membership is your passport to one of the most vital and creative communities of scholars at Brown.
Please join us!
Thanks to the support of our current members, we are able to:
- Provide research support to undergraduate students engaged in honors projects.
- Publish and distribute a variety of publications and digital projects that document the essential roles that women have played in building Brown University into the institution it is today.
- Sponsor commencement forum programs and other events on topics such as women breaking barriers in the workplace, youth and privacy in the age of social media, international development, women in politics, the mass media, and reproductive rights.
- Digitize the Pembroke Record, the student newspaper of Pembroke College in Brown University. Stored in bound copies in the John Hay Library, the physical copies have been heavily used and are suffering from wear. The digitization project permanently preserves the Pembroke Record, and created a searchable online archives that highlight the achievements of women students from the “Pembroke” years.
We have much more to do! With your generosity we will:
- Build our exciting new collaboration with China’s Nanjing University, which examines the ways transnational developments affect politics, higher education, and the status of women. The Nanjing project enables the exchange of gender studies faculty and students as well as other dynamic joint research projects.
- Record and digitize oral histories on video with members of each year’s 25th and 50th reunion classes to be preserved in the Christine Dunlap Farnham Archives.
- Offer new courses for undergraduates to be taught by Pembroke Center postdoctoral fellows and faculty.
- Sarah Doyle Society ($5,000+)
- Anna Canada Swain Partners ($2,500 - $4,999)
- Elisha Benjamin Andrews Benefactors ($1,000 - $2,499)
- Patrons ($500 - $999)
- Sponsors ($250 - $499)
- Sustaining Members ($100 - $249)
- Contributing Members ($75 - $99)
- Associate Members ($50 - $74)
- Friends (Gifts less than $50)
To support the work of the Pembroke Center Associates, please complete this donation form.
Thank you for your support!