Uploading your files
iTunes U File Naming and Upload
Before uploading files to iTunes U, we suggest you name your files without spaces and extraneous characters. You may wish to separate words in a title by using the underscore (_) in place of a space. The extension (e.g. .mp4, .mp3) should be visible. The file itself should also have the metadata already filled out using iTunes. Otherwise, see Step 9.
- Login to the Brown iTunes U application by accessing the secure administrator section of the iTunes Public website: https://webapps.brown.edu/itunes/. Click on OK when the appears (if applicable).
- Once iTunes U has loaded, click on the appropriate icon under the section (i.e. Administration: Public Affairs).
- To upload individual files from your computer to iTunes U, click on the link from the top right navigation menu. A web browsing window will appear with a list of current media files.
- Upload an individual file by clicking on the Add New File button below the list of uploaded media files. A field will appear.
- Click on the button and navigate to the location of your file and select it. If the file has been imported to iTunes, navigate to the iTunes folder within your local Music folder on your computer (My Documents/My Music/iTunes for PC, ~/Music/iTunes for Mac for Mac)
- Click on Open
- Your file is now in the process of uploading. It will take a moment for your file to upload depending on its size; you will see a progress bar while the file is uploading.
- When the file is finished uploading, you will be able to see the file name in the refreshed browser window. Click on Done to return to your iTunes U store.
- If you have not added metadata to your file, you may edit the Name and Artist fields directly in the area.
- To edit the metadata, click on the Pencil icon located to the right of the file name.
- Edit the fields with the appropriate information. For details, please refer to the Metadata guidelines
- Click on the Checkmark icon to submit your changes.
- Click on the Done button to exit the area. The login window to access iTunes U will appear, but if you already have the application running, you may close this window and return to the iTunes application on your desktop.
- You may have to refresh the iTunes U store window before any changes appear on your screen. One way of doing this is to click on the appropriate title in the breadcrumbs list below the play button.
Return to the top of the page