Video can be produced using Final Cut Pro or iMovie. Video produced from Windows Movie Maker or other non-Apple editing suite needs to be output in .mp4 format and use parameters such as bit rate (up to 1500 kbps), dimensions (640X480) and frame rate (29.97fps) according to Apple guidelines.
From Final Cut Pro select File / Export Using Compressor or drag your self-contained .mov into Compressor directly.
With the Compressor application open, follow these steps
1. Select the tab (located in the Settings window on the lower left area of the program).
2. Click on Apple / Apple Devices folder.
3. Select the "H.264 for iPod video and iPhone 640x480" option. This option is optimized for mobile devices. The file extension you will obtain with this setting is .m4v. You can rename it to .mp4 for compatibility with non-Apple devices such as Zune.
4. From the tab, select the destination and export your .m4v file.
1. Once you have set up your project the way you want, Click on Share from the top menu and choose Export Movie.
2. A pop-up menu will appear. Choose the destination for the file and type in a name. Also, under Size to Export field, choose the Medium option.