Enhancing the Quality of Our Facilities, Infrastructure, and Administrative Support
The Plan for Academic Enrichment anticipated the need to enhance resources for facilities, infrastructure, and administrative support. Significant progress has been made in organization, governance, compensation, professional development, training, and human resources programs, all of which help make Brown a more effective organization.
As essential foundations for education and scholarship, the libraries and information technology at Brown have received augmented resources to advance capabilities to serve students and faculty and to keep pace with an ever-changing world. Brown facilities and infrastructure have also received much needed PAE support for new buildings, renovation of existing buildings, and investments in core campus utilities and infrastructure.
Like the comprehensiveness of the PAE, Brown’s attention to and investment in a wide range of administrative systems, facilities, utilities, energy efficiency, and technologies will pay dividends for the future and ensure that Brown is well-positioned to achieve its mission in the decades to come. Brown will continue to focus on stewardship of current assets and look to secure opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Attract and retain the best possible staff, and provide adequate stafﬁng for teaching and research activities
- Communicate robustly about the University’s goals and accomplishments, both internally and externally
- Provide appropriate library support for faculty and students in all ﬁelds of study
- Expand the use of technology in academic and administrative work
- Ensure the utility and safety of the physical campus