Enhancing Undergraduate Education
Excellence in undergraduate education has been a priority throughout Brown’s history. The Plan for Academic Enrichment set specific, ambitious goals for enhancing the undergraduate experience, and much progress has been made as detailed below.
The review of the Plan in 2007–08 resulted in a firm commitment to keep undergraduate education as a central priority of the Plan and established additional, specific objectives. These new objectives complement the original objectives in most instances, so the vast majority of new actions taken and actions needed will be featured in the Phase II section of this report. However, this section will continue to be updated as well.
- Expand opportunities for student interaction with faculty
- Develop new strategies for supporting and implementing the Brown curriculum
- Support undergraduate participation in teaching and research
- Improve student advising
- Attract and support the most highly qualified and diverse students
- Improve the quality of students’ residential and extracurricular experience