Subject: Re: grading policy

From: Jie Lai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 14:14:41 EST

Hi, Dr. Rose,

Is the channel capacity law we are talking about related to Shannon(?)'s 
original statement, like

      C = W log( 1 + SNR )

for Gaussian channel? How they are related? This will be covered in class, 
isn't it?

Jie

---

From: Christopher Rose <crose>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 14:40:23 EST

We've not gotten there yet, but
it will be covered.  We first have to learn a bit
about continous entropy and taht happens later.

Cheers,

Chris Rose

---

From: Christopher Rose <crose>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 97 17:37:26 EST

Hi Porlin,

Each question was worth 50 points.  I threw numbers
down more or less at random.  However, there should be numbers
which denote the oint totals for each problem somewhere (but
maybe not).  in any case, if you go through and add humbers I 
doubt you'll get the total on the front.  I can take a look
of course if you'd like.  Just drop the exam off
next time you come in (or just wait until monday when we get
back).

Cheers,

Chris Rose