Key Pages:

Archaeology of Rhode Island Hall
-
the site report
-
archive
-
people


The Transformation of Rhode Island Hall

Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology

 

 

Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology & the Ancient World
Brown University
Box 1837 / 60 George Street
Providence, RI 02912
Telephone: (401) 863-3188
Fax: (401) 863-9423
Joukowsky_Institute@brown.edu

The bronze statue of Caesar Augustus was originally placed in front of Rhode Island Hall on College Green in 1906. It was moved to Wriston Quad in front of the Ratty in 1952.

This image was on a postcard, and this particular card has a written message on the back. It was sent in March 9th 1909:

Uploaded Image

Uploaded Image

Transcript of postcard


Another image, also from a postcard:

Uploaded Image


archival photographs:

Uploaded Image

Uploaded Image


Back to site-specifics