Brown Facilities Contacts
- Chris Cherau, Director of Engineering (Electrical Engineer)
- Richard Kasper, Mechanical Engineer
- Paul Amadio, Mechanical Engineer
- John King, Mechanical Engineer
- Steve Belmore, Manager of Mechanical Systems and Projects
- Carlos Fernandez, Assistant Vice President for Facilities Operations and Engineering
Brown Faculty Contacts
- Kenny Breuer, Professor, Division of Engineering
- Christopher Bull, Senior Research Engineer, Division of Engineering
- Allan M. Feldman, Professor, Economics
Brown Alumnae Contacts
- Graham Siener, Project Manager, '02 ScB, '03 ScM
Cape Systems, Ltd. develops and implements leading designs in sustainable
development, particularly in the areas of renewable energy and biofuels, which
prioritize local ownership and environmental stewardship.
- Karina Lutz, Deputy Director of RI People's Power and Light
- Mark Kravatz, Director, Sustainable Business Development at The Apeiron Institute for Sustainable Living
- Liz Marsis, Operations & Development Manager at the George Wiley Center
Resources Outside Brown
- The U.S. Energy Information Administration produces a report each year on how energy in the US is produced and consumed. The most recent report is the 2006 Annual Energy Review.
- Within the residential sector, the Department of Energy’s building energy data book breaks current usage down even further than the EIA.
- The Rocky Mountain Institute has a series of home energy briefs that give methods and background for some of the more effective residential interventions.
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory has a suite of tools available for estimating energy usage and lots of ideas for energy saving technology.
- EPA’s EnergyStar site has information on building technology and home improvement.