Fall 2014 Office Hours (beginning September 14):
The Health Careers Peer Advisors are an integral part of Brown's Health Careers Advising team. Consult a Brown undergraduate with experience as a health careers student during weekly office hours. The Peer Advisors also coordinate two highly-informative and engaging events each semester and share tips with students through the Premed Jo monthly Emails. The full HCPA team will be announced shortly.
|Sundays||4pm- 6pm||Science Center, 303|
Catherine Dang, Class of 2015
Hometown: Corona, California
Concentration: Community Health
- Swearer Center Community Fellow for Algebra in Motion
- Brown Pre-Dental Society Executive Board Member
- Triple Helix Writer
- Fall 2012 - Present: Investigate the histological structures of bat wing using a selective stain for elastic tissue. Brown University Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.
- Summer 2013: Investigating the effects of xylitol, the most common artifical sweetner on dental de- and re-mineralization. University of California, Irvine Beckman Laser Institute.
- May 2013 - Present: Access Scholar, an AmeriCorps position that works to accomplish the mission and goals of the National College Advising Corps to increase the number of low-income, first generation college and underrepresented students who enter and complete high school.
My best friend was the first friend I made (on my first day of kindergarten) in my life.
Jordan Shaw, Class of 2015
Home Town: Grand Prairie, Texas
- Residential Peer Leader: Women's Peer Counselor (WPC)
- NEUR 0100 Teaching Assistant
- Class Coordinating Board Secretary
- 2013 Gala Co-Chair
- Senior Week Party Manager
- Hasbro Children's Hospital, Partial Hospitalization Program Volunteer
- Spring 2012 - Present: Body Dysmorphic Disorder Research, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior.
- Summer 2013: Theory of Mind Sampling during Joint Attention, Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine department of Psychiatry
- Summer 2012: Neurogenetic Control of Lethargus in Caenorhabditis elegans, California Institute of Technology department of Biology
- 2009 - 2010: Effects of Exercise on Primary Cilia in Mouse Spinal Cord, University of North Texas department of Biology
- Jordan wants poetry recommendations.