- Brown is being recognized by the Alliance for Work-Life Progress for success in work-life programs, policies and practices. To earn the Seal of Distinction, Brown had to meet criteria and be assessed in each of the seven categories listed for work-life effectiveness that defines a best-in-class work-life portfolio in today's workplace. The seven categories were:
- Caring for Dependents
- Health and Wellness
- Workplace Flexibility
- Financial Support
- Paid and Unpaid Time Off
- Community Involvement
- Transforming Organizational Culture
- The Rhode Island Blood Center has recognized Brown University for placing first for collections for colleges with 3501-7000 students.
BCBSRI Members Can Enroll in American Well Online Care
There’s a new way to see a licensed physician via video using American Well. This new telehealth program offers:
- 24-hour access, 7-days a week via mobile or web
- No appointment necessary – connect right away
- An ePrescription, if you need one*
- Private and secure, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act-compliant (HIPAA-compliant)
- Cost is covered through BCBSRI
Register Now –If you enroll by April 30, 2014, you’ll be entered in a raffle**
Click here for information on how to register.
For more information, view the American Well Frequently Asked Questions. For additional questions, or for assistance enrolling, you can also go to www.americanwell.com or contact their support team at 1.855.818.DOCS (1.855.818.3627).
*Doctors can prescribe medications, as appropriate in states where prescribing following a telehealth consultation is permitted.
**Open to legal resident of the U.S. and void where prohibited by law. Must be over 18 to qualify, winner is subject to taxes. For official rule visit: http://info.americanwell.com/bcbsri-brown.